- Relevant Citations: Iowa R. Of Prof’l Conduct 32:1.0 et seq. (Feb. 2020).
- Limitations on Direct Contact with Prospective Clients (Y/N): Yes (in-person, live telephone, or real-time electronic contact is prohibited unless the prospective client is an attorney or has a prior personal or professional relationship with the prospective client) See Iowa R. Of Prof’l Conduct 32:7.3.
- Permitted Forms of Marketing (See Iowa R. Of Prof’l Conduct 32:7.2.)
- Traditional Media (Y/N): Yes
- Inbound Marketing (Y/N): Yes
- Social Media Marketing (Y/N): Yes
- Email Marketing (Y/N): Yes
- PPC Advertising (Y/N): Yes
- Mandatory Language (Y/N): Yes. See Iowa R. of Prof’l Conduct 32:73(c) (communications should be marked as “Advertising Material” on the outside of envelopes or at the beginning and end of electronic communication. See also Iowa R. Of Prof’l Conduct 32:7.2, requiring the name of at least one attorney or law firm responsible for the conduct to be included with the advertisement.
- Opt-Out Requirement (Y/N): No
- Retention and Record-keeping Requirement (Y/N): No
- Non-Surname Branding (Y/N): Yes. See Iowa R. Of Prof’l Conduct 32:7.5(Comment 1).
- Date of Last Revision: February 2020
Iowa generally follows the Model Rules of Professional Conduct, albeit without the requirements of record retention or an opt-out provision for advertising.